Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gardening


Gardening is fun but I can not seem to get those beautiful vegetables that other people have. My friend brings me the most beautiful vegetables. They are big and green and delicious. I want a garden like that. I keep adding things to my dirt and composting but it is only helping a little. At times I get discouraged and go to buy instead.I want to be able to feed the family cheaper but it is not working out that way. Heather bought me a caner and now I need to find some vegetables to can. I have tomatoes but not enough to can.
My chickens are doing great but no eggs yet. I keep looking for the eggs and talking to the hens, but to no avail yet. We ended up with another rooster. Out of 14 chickens I am down to 4 hens, all the rest were roosters.

No comments:

Post a Comment